Java Lead Developer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The primary responsibility of the lead developer is to provide the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the whole software effort of a company. The lead developer will be the single point of responsibility for the all of the application solutions. They will direct the design of new applications from conception to completion and oversee the technical staff involved with the development project. Candidates must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as creativity and the ability to work with abstract concepts. Other qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment. The candidate will work with business executives, technical teams and end-users to successfully develop applications. The candidate will also participate in the development of applications, often taking on more complicated programming responsibilities. |
Our ideal candidate is an individual who can work in partnership with the development and infrastructure teams as well as the business community to develop advanced systems for GSTV.
|Duties:||• Guide the development team in the creation of the application solutions |
• Provide continuity in all major application solution decisions
• Determine how technology can be applied to meet the business needs
• Actively manage the evaluation, selection, and application of architecture components to create an integrated portfolio of applications which deliver maximum business value
• Support strategic approaches and maintain alignment of development projects with enterprise strategic direction
• Assume a leadership role in establishing and insuring compliance with IT standards, best practices and policies
• Anticipate emerging business needs and provide information technology tool recommendations to the business.
• Design and document enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks
• Lead activities with external vendors and internal team to identify, evaluate and recommend system hardware and software
• Effectively communicate and oversee specific application design with development teams
• Applying design concepts – layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns for enterprise solutions
|Qualifications:||• 7+ years experience architecting, developing, deploying and supporting complex computing applications in an enterprise environment|
• Experience developing and architecting object-orientated applications using Java technologies
• Hands-on application development experience, with a broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and technologies including Java and SOA
• Demonstrated proficiency in designing distributed applications in which multiple operating systems, languages, and vendor middleware interoperate.
• Proficient in software development methodologies and possesses the ability to disseminate them to a team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and/or sub-team activities simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
• Experience designing web services and with web service design language
• Experience working with common web protocols, such as HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, etc.
• Experience with HTML 5 preferred
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.